Friday, March 20 to Sunday, March 22, 2020
Blacksburg High School at 3401 Bruin Ln.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TO SEE STEM on an epic playing field!
- Friday, 3/20- 1:00PM Tournament Set-Up
- Friday, 3/20 - 5:00PM Volunteer Dinner
- Friday, 3/20 - 6:00PM FRC Team Check-In, Set-Up, Inspections
- Saturday, 3/21 - 6:00AM Volunteer Check-In & Breakfast
- Saturday, 3/21 - 8:00AM FRC Pits Open
- Saturday, 3/21 - 10:30AM Opening Ceremony
- Saturday, 3/21 - 11:00AM-1:00 PM Matches
- Saturday, 3/21 - 1:00PM Lunch for Teams and Volunteers
- Saturday, 3/21 - 2:00-7:00 PM Matches
- Saturday, 3/21 - 8:00PM Pits Close
- Sunday, 3/22 - 7:00AM Volunteer Check-In & Breakfast
- Sunday, 3/22 - 8:00AM FRC Pits Open
- Sunday, 3/22 - 9:00AM Opening Ceremony
- Sunday, 3/22 - 9:00AM-1:00PM - Matches
- Sunday, 3/22 - 1:00PM Lunch for Teams and Volunteers
- Sunday, 3/22 - 2:00-5:00PM Eliminations
- Sunday, 3/22 - 5:00PM Awards Ceremony
- Sunday, 3/22 - 7:00PM Pits Close for Take-Down
- Sunday, 3/22 - 7:30PM Volunteer Dinner
LODGING FOR TEAMS & VOLUNTEERS
These wonderful hotels have offerings for our FRC Teams and Volunteers.
BOX LUNCHES during the competition
Teams can order their own boxed lunches through in a number of ways before the tournament.
Order can be Delivered or Picked-up by the team. Mention you are FRC to receive these special discounts!
1. Blacksburg High School FBLA & Beary Good Drinks will be offering boxed lunches (team orders due by March 15) as well as a-la-carte menu. Team 401 will offering a concession stand with snack items.
2. Whichwich - Christiansburg - Tika Patell - 540- 251-3449 or email@example.com $8.50 for a 7” (turkey, ham or chicken) sandwich, a bag of chips, and a cookie See attached order form to entire team order. D/P
3. Firehouse Subs - Blacksburg - Lindsey Jones - 540-961-0371 - $7.19 The Rookie with 8" (turkey, ham, roast beef, chicken salad or tuna salad) sandwich with chips and pickle. Add $0.80 for a cookie. D/P
4. McAllisters Deli - Blacksburg - 552-0695 (ext 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org Club sandwiches choices McAllister (turkey and ham) or Orange Cranberry (turkey and ham w/sauces), and Club Warp (turkey and ham) with chips, fruit, potato salad or applesauce, cookie and pickle for $8.75 Traditional sandwich box lunches are also available featuring roast beef, turket or ham for $7.65 each. D/P
6. Subway - Blacksburg -540-961-5036 Chips and cookie with any 6" sub for $7.50 or 12" sub for $8.50. See the attached order form to help individualize boxes. P only
7. Macado's - Blacksburg - 540-951-0609 - Kaiser (ham, turkey, roast beef or chicken salad) roll with chips, pickle, and cookie for $8.75. P only.
8. Dominos Pizza - Blacksburg (540-953-4600) & 2 Christiansburg (540-382-0808 & 540-585-4010) - Allison Shaw - Mix & Match Menu with you as it is a great deal and includes pizza, oven baked sandwiches, pastas, chicken and salads all for $5.99 each. D/P
FRC Tournament volunteers are the key to inspiring today’s youth to become tomorrow’s innovators and technology leaders. This local events requires over 120 volunteers EACH day. Regardless if you have technical or non-technical expertise, there is a volunteer role for you! Many volunteer positions simply require enthusiasm on the day and times that you are available. Each volunteer will receive a FIRST FRC volunteer shirt and a name badge. To show appreciation, breakfast, lunch, snacks and a couple dinners will be provided (see below for a menu).
- Volunteers will have to create an account and be screened, under the FIRST Youth Protection Program. You will then be able to apply for an event.
- Once your profile is created login to your Dashboard to search and apply for an event. Scroll to the bottom, and in the Name/Venue, just type "Blacksburg" and click the "Apply Filters" button. Scroll up and click the FRC Blacksburg High School event.
- When you click "Volunteer" you will be taken to a form with many volunteer options, rolls, dates and job descriptions. Choose as many, or as few, as you feel comfortable.
- You will receive confirmation email with your role 2-3 weeks prior to the event.
- A more direct link to this event: https://login.firstinspires.org/core/login?signin=037ed5da4a22c8abc85720e7fe68b6f0
- Event volunteers must be at least 13 years old
- Parent/guardian permission required for all high school volunteers under 18
- Volunteer Meal Menu (contact the Vol Coordinator if need details on food options)
- Friday Lunch - __________________________
- Friday Dinner - ________________________
- Saturday and Sunday Breakfast - Muffins, crossiants, donuts, sausage patties, yogurt, milk, coffee, tea and juices
- Saturday Lunch - _________________________
- Sunday Lunch - ____________________________
- Sunday Dinner - Pizza from Dominos
- Soda and water will also be provided.
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Lisa Bass at email@example.com if any questions.